Cigna Plus Dental Insurance Reviews
Cigna began as a marine insurance firm in 1792 and has developed into a well-known health insurance provider on a global scale. Among the many insurance products that Cigna offers are the following:
Health insurance for both people and families
- Plans under Medicare Advantage
- Part D and Medicare Supplement plans
- Global healthcare insurance
- Additional supplemental coverage
According to the corporation, Cigna has “more than 180 million customer and patient contacts in more than 30 countries and jurisdictions.” It obtained and upheld accreditation, certification, and recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) in 2020 for the following:
- Certification of health plans
- Accreditation of managed behavioral health care organizations
- Certification for wellness and health promotion
- Certification for disease management
Certification for hospitals and doctors’ offices
Seven on-site health clinics received honors for patient-centered care.
Rating by the Better Business Bureau
Cigna is still waiting to receive BBB accreditation as of this writing. The BBB opened a file on Cigna in 1929, and the organization has an “A+” rating. There are 28 Cigna plus dental insurance reviews in all, 26 of them are negative, and 2 are neutral. There are 414 consumer complaints total, including 270 concerns with products and services and 16 advertising/sales issues, 110 billing/collection issues, 16 shipping issues, and 2 guarantee/warranty issues. Cigna received a 3.73 out of 5-star overall rating.
Dental Cigna Plans
- Cigna offers dental insurance in the United States and other countries worldwide. In the states of New York and Washington, it does not provide coverage. For your budget and dental insurance needs, it offers three different plans:
- My Cigna Dental Preventative: This program provides coverage of complete preventive and diagnostic services. Both orthodontic and restorative therapies qualify for Cigna dental discount plan.
- My Cigna Dental 1000: This plan includes an annual family deductible of $150 and an individual deductible of $50. The maximum benefit per year is $1000. Preventive, diagnostic, and rehabilitative services are covered for you. Additionally, using an in-network provider gives you a discount on orthodontic treatment.
- My Cigna Dental 1500: This plan also has an annual family deductible of $150 and an individual deductible of $50. The maximum benefit per year is $1000. Preventive, diagnostic, and rehabilitative services are covered for you. The primary distinction between this plan and Dental 1000 is that it offers members of all ages a $1,000 lifetime benefit for orthodontic care.
Employer Cigna Dental Plans from Cigna
You can ask your employee benefits director if Cigna offers workplace dental coverage if your firm includes Cigna Insurance in its benefits package for workers. Dental insurance provided by Cigna comes in four different varieties. These include Dental Exclusive Provider Organization (DEPO), Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DPPO), Dental Indemnity, and Cigna Dental Care (DHMO). Checkout the best health insurance companies for your convenience.
Advantages and Choices
The following are some advantages of Cigna dental insurance plans:
- The myCigna platform features a practical mobile application, which makes it simple to locate a dentist who is part of the network. This app can also display your insurance ID card and verify your coverage.
- You can obtain bundled statements from your medical and dental insurance.
- Claims do not need to be submitted. The Cigna network providers automatically manage this.
- You can view your bills and claims online and make payments online using the myCigna.com application.
- For any specialized dental care, seeing an out-of-network dentist is not necessary with a referral.
- The Cigna recommended provider network includes more than 72,000 dentists, giving you an extensive range of options. It also include Cigna dental plans for seniors.
- Either an in-network or an out-of-network provider is an option. Of course, selecting a dentist in your insurance network will result in higher savings.
- Out-of-network providers can also be eligible for some of the reductions given.
Click here to learn about dental insurance for kids.
Pros and Cons
Pros: Cigna is a financially stable insurance carrier with a very sizable dental provider network that includes more than 70,000 dentists. Either an in-network or an out-of-network provider is an option. But going to a dentist in the PPO network will save you the most money.
Regular examinations, x-rays, and cleanings are covered by dental policies twice a year. MyCigna Dental Preventive, the entry-level plan, pays 100% but only covers preventive procedures. If you might need to relocate overseas or go abroad, keep in mind that Cigna offers worldwide coverage.
Cons: You can use an out-of-network or an in-network provider. Out-of-network fees, however, might be necessary if they exceed the Cigna-permitted limit for reimbursement. There may be states where some plans and options are not offered; for example, New York and Washington have no coverage.
However, compared to some other providers, it does not cover as much of the expenditures for good basic dental coverage, but you can shop around and find if Cigna dental insurance is good for you. Despite mainly having positive customer service scores, Cigna did receive many products and service-related complaints.
Programs Cigna Offers Moreover
Cigna provides the following to people and their families in addition to dental insurance plans:
- Plans for health insurance
- Plans under Medicare and Medicaid
- Global healthcare insurance
- Cigna dental plans for seniors
Additional extra insurance, such as:
- Heart attack and stroke in one lump sum
- One-time cancer
- Cancer therapy
- Healthcare indemnity
- Whole life
Learn about Humana dental insurance plans.
The Experience With Customer Service
To promptly address customers’ demands and problems, Cigna promises to prioritize customer satisfaction through listening to them and applying problem-solving techniques.
Cigna Plus Dental Insurance Reviews and ratings for Cigna
Cigna is not rated or accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB reports that 221 complaints against Cigna were resolved in the last 12 months. Cigna has a customer satisfaction rating of 1.15 out of 5 stars based on an average of 75 reviews. The BBB review score for Cigna considers feedback on all of its insurance plans, not just dentistry.
On the other hand, Consumer Affairs rates Cigna 3.6 out of 5 stars after reading 165 Cigna plus dental insurance reviews. All of Cigna’s health insurance plans are included in this ranking.
A Miami-based client who gave her experience five stars wrote:
“They have treated me quite well. Even though I’ve been working with them for a while, I just required routine cleanings twice a year. Fantastic to work with prompt payment of claims. I shall now demand more from them because I need to fill several cavities; I’ll watch how they respond to this. For the time being, I would suggest them.”
A consumer from Houston who gave his experience two stars offered the following:
“Coverage between insurance is inadequate; they don’t pay a sufficient portion of the expenses, in-network dentists are sporadic, and [there are] poor choices. The premium is excessive given what you receive. When multiple identical operations are required, out-of-pocket expenses are significant.”
In order to help you safeguard your teeth and wallet with cheap dental coverage, Cigna is constantly creating and providing solutions that include highly effective dental coverage. However, the levels of consumer satisfaction at Cigna might be substantially higher. Don’t forget to check long-term health insurance buying guide if you ar into long-tern insurance.
Georgians can also check out cheap health insurance in Georgia to get the insurance idea in their location.